Saturday, March 16, 2013

A year in heaven

Grandma has been in heaven now for a year today.  I dont really now how I feel.  Yes I'm sad, but you know not many people can say that they had their grandma for a month shy of 35 years.  Instead I think of the picture of the four year old little boy that died of cancer, and how his mom got to see him again.  So instead of thinking about all that has happened here this year, I'm going to cry a tear today and then smile many smiles thinking about what may have happened in heaven over the last 365 days.  I sure hope that when your in heaven you can see things that happen on earth, well or at least the things worth seeing. Tonight was one of them!  Man did we have fun.  I met up with Kelly, Emily, Kristen, and Matt at the VFW about 8:30.  They had played bingo and it is a rarity for us to get together in Thief River.  Well they had Karoake, now those that really know me, know that I am tune deaf BAD!  I was shy at first then Matt and I sang, "All The Gold in California", in mechanical terms it "Primed The Pump".  The five of us sang I know at least 20 different songs.  Some all together, and some alone.  Alone meaning Kristen, the vocalist of the group.  We all sang, "Will The Circle Be Unbroken", and it was amazing.  It was something that we all sang from our heart.  Now we weren't drunk and singing foolishly, we sang it not to be proud or boastful.  The words flowed, and our hearts were full of love.  I sure hope Grandma heard it.  Now it was really a one time deal.  Tonight despite the change of events turned out to be a successful one.  Not only did I have an amazing night with my siblings, I feel that I'm not going to focus on today being a date on a calendar that my Grandma died.  I want to make sure that I can always remember the tune of a song that us five sang from our hearts with the final words being, "There is a better home a-waiting, In the sky Lord in the sky".

No comments:

Post a Comment