Saturday, December 6, 2014

Long time gone

I haven't wrote in close to a year, actually it's not that I haven't had anything to write about. I guess I mainly write to clear things out in my own head, and honestly I had no desire to write. Last night was the first night that I thought about writing, this time it wasn't about my kids, or my animals. It was basically on how numb I am over the news about my Grace. People tell me that I am so strong, and that I am inspirational. I hate to break it to you, but I am neither of those. I have cried more tears in the last two days than I can remember in a long time. My eyes were so puffy today that I even put Preperation H on them to take down the swelling. I am not sure if it helped, actually I cried harder because I got some in my eyes. It kinda felt good to cry then, at least then I was crying because of a physical pain. I am mad, actually pretty pissed off. I don't understand, and my faith is being tested. I am praying so much these days, and honestly I don't even know what I am praying for, or who I am praying too. It seems as though I am praying to the same person that is allowing cancer to take over her body to save her? Her family is my family, and I love them. I love her like I love my own children. I know the fear of losing a child. It was 3 years ago and I sat along side of Hannah's bed when she was in ICU and the Doctor told me that I needed to pray. At that point I had the real fear of losing my child. I have that same fear of losing Grace. I keep my phone right along side of me at night in case she texts me. Because I am so scared of the day that she isn't going to be there. Yes we got the diagnosis last Summer and this trial was simply that a trial. But it gave us hope! I don't freaking understand how we can live in the year 2014 and we can take our phones press a button and in a matter of seconds FaceTime with someone that clear across the world, but still we can't find a cure for something that is way more important than that. I am so angry with God. I know that I haven't always leaned on him when I should have. I haven't always listened to his words, but isn't your parent's suppose to love you no matter what? Aren't they suppose to always want what's best for their child. Well God - Grace is your child too, and where are you? Where are you? If your beside her, well maybe you should take your hands and rip that damn cancer out of her. She needs to live, I need her to live, I want her to live for her family. She has so much to offer this world, and she is a child God. She is your child. It's hard not to break right now. I am scared, I am so scared.

2 comments:

  1. I know at times life doesn't seem fair, but instead of asking why her - ask why not her, why should it be someone else? God has a plan & unfortunately we only get to see glimpses of it. You are letting satan take over your heart & right now he is winning.

    For 2 1/2 years I was on the edge & full of anxiety wondering - is she still breathing, oh my goodness is she going to cry - I need to sooth her asap, why isn't she eating, why her - why us?? They actually have to stop her heart & cut her chest open? ... Wait a minute they said that it was worse then they had expected, - wait I better start planning her funeral, wondering what we where going to tell the other kids when we got home, what are we going to do with all of her stuff, what kind of casket & what will she wear?

    But, then God whispered to me why not her, why not you & why not your family? I love all of my children dearly, but I have a plan - just trust & follow me!

    Every day I would take it from God & then beg & pray for him to take it back.

    So, I prayed - instead of why me - please lord we know that you love Anna more then we could ever imagine, please guide the surgeon's hands and what ever is written, may YOUR will be done!

    At that moment a peace come over me & we are heading into her 8th (golden birthday) this year. I know that not all of God's plans end with a happy ending - pretty sure he was preparing us for what we going through right now. Looking back, I wouldn't have changed a single detail for the world. Through our trials God has helped shape our family & our faith is stronger than I could ever imagine.

    Just remember this NOT our home, we are here on earth to do God's work! Just imagine all of the lives that you & Grace have touched!! Her story & yours is not over!! A plan was written before you were born - things will happening in God's timing & HIS will (not yours) will be done.

    There will be pain - I know that it is hard to see rainbows admidst the storm, but believe me they are there. Don't let satan win - tell him to hit the road, he is thriving off of your anxiety & worries. Gods WILL will be done. Love you Allie Enge - praying for you & your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! and praying for you too Allie, and sweet Grace too.

    ReplyDelete