Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nice Weekend

This weekend was a weekend of realizing that my grey hair is really starting to show my age.  A couple of months ago my friend told me that she found her first grey hair and pulled it out.  I have so much grey hair that if I was to pull mine out. . . . well lets just say that the top portion of my forehead would look a little funny.  I have started to use "Fanciful", my grey hair doesn't hold color and it wirey and ish-da-fee-da-fon.  Hannah went to Snofest on Friday night with her "Boyfriend", here is a picture of her and here stylist.  I keep on looking at this picture and am "Amazed" that this beautiful thing came out of my loins.  I never looked like that, it's probably best.  This short legged fat kid with bad hair got into enough trouble.  She is really a good kid, and I am lucky to be her mom.  When I seen her in this dress I was like, where is my 2 year old that would have temper tantrums and mess her pants because she knew that we had to change her?  Or the little girl that couldn't wait to grow up and wear real "Lady Shirts", or as we call them bras?  She transformed into a beautiful young lady!  I am fortunate that this is her boyfriends parents first child going through all of this.  We were taking pictures and teasing and all that stuff.  If Hannah was the last child it would be like, "Well text me a picture and wake me when you get home".  Andrea, (her stylist), raised Hannah too and it amazed both of us that she is shorter than Hannah.  I am shorter than Hannah.  Nolan was suppose to have games all weekend in EGF, and my child that is never sick got really sick on Friday afternoon and it lasted until early Saturday morning.  He did make it today, so that was a relief.  I was the worst mom in the world for not letting him play on Saturday.  Tonight him and I went to my parents to visit, dad called him and said that there was deer on their deck.  Nolan looked at me and said, "It's not many times that Grandpa calls me to come over, so we need to go".  An hour visit, a bag of grapples, 9 pounds of ground sausage, and a box of push-ups from the Schwans man we were on our way home.  It reminded me of when Hannah and I lived by my parent's, we were POOR, so the two of us would go grocery shopping at there house.  Hannah was 2 years old and knew the drill grab a bag and go through the cupboards.  In Hannah's mind she remembers this time that we were so poor that she had to go to their house and do chores for food, chores and Hannah?  Yeah, I don't think so.  This week is a busy week, I have to finish my taxes.  I envy the person that can go to the Accountant with their W2's and leave.  Last year I said that I was going to be more prepared, well maybe that will be my New Years resolution for next year.
Nolan and I had a really good talk today on our drive.  He was telling me about Pastors sermon today.  I still wonder on how absorbed so much from it.  Was he listening when he was playing paper-rock-scissors, thumb war, or when he HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM.  I didn't get everything that he was telling.  I was like well I remember something about King Herod.  Then he was asking me what terms meant that the Pastor was saying.  My response, well I don't know.  Looks like Google will be in business for one more day thanks to unknown knowledge of Biblical terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment