Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My first column is at the Editor

I have decided that my columns are not going to posted on my blog at least night right away.  I had so much fun writing it, and you know what it isn't about the me that I want people to think that I am.  It is the me, the real me.  The me that some people don't like, and let's be honest here there are some people that don't.  Don't judge cause there are people that don't like you either, truth is there are some people that don't all of us.  I don't hate anyone, but my aunt once told me that we get a pass in life not to like one person.  There are some that I don't care for, but I don't see them on a daily basis anyway.  The article is going to be in the Tri-County Canary weekly, and it is in the section that serves the Oklee Herald, Grygla Eagle, and a couple of others.  If you want to get a subscription call Richards Publishing in Gonvick and let them know.  I tried a few years ago to get a weekly or monthly column in The Times, but apparently they didn't want me.  Maybe the Tri-County wont want me either, but hey I got my foot in the door.  But I can promise you this, I'm gonna keep it real just the way that I would want it.  Do I dream of being a published writer and have a book deal and have my books on sale somewhere.  Well I have a little ADHD and I think that my chapters would be all over the map, kind of like my conversations if you have ever had to listen to my talk for more than 20 seconds at a time, so at this time I am going to focus on a weekly column and see where the path leads me.  I am really happy right now, and I am sure that will change as some negativity comes out of my topics.  After I let my family know about the column, 3 of my main people text me, "YOU BETTER NOT WRITE ABOUT ME".  So I did write about them, but they have enough ammo that I better keep it clean.  I am not going to write anything mean, or anything like that.  I mean, these are the people that come when I need help at The Shed, or the people that within 1 phone call are there without even to have to ask.  So even though I may have a lot of surface friends, I better not piss off the real ones that I have.  If people want to read about how to grow a garden, I am not the girl.  If you want to read about the girl who thought that the white flowers that were beautiful in my garden were amazing, and my aunt pointed out that they were weeds and I pulled them out in front of customers while trying to sell flowers out of my greenhouse . . . Well I am your girl.  Or the girl that can't eat Taco Johns without being 2 minutes away from the toilet. . . yup me again.  Or how I hate painting my toe nails, so when I do and the color starts to wear off I am too lazy to rub it off with polish remover and paint over it with a darker color. . . yup that would be me too.  Or how one of my goals in life is to learn Vietnamese and when those two ladies are talking while working on my toes I can simply say, "Man this feels good" ~ in Vietnamese.
14 years ago this week, I gave birth to our oldest child Hannah.  I think that she has turned into an amazing girl, and I am so proud to be her mom.  Yes she makes me mad, but sometimes after I get mad at her I realize that I am getting mad at her for things that I do too.  Why is it that I can get mad at her but when I do it, I find it completely acceptable.  I remember the day that she was born, and it still amazes me that I didn't realize that I was going to be a mom until I seen the top of her head coming out.  I remember thinking, "Put her back, Put her back".  She was my saving grace in life, and she is the key factors to me finding success within myself.  I worked harder, made smarter decisions, and had a family that kept me grounded.  When I get a big head, they are the first ones to remind me that they have pictures of me.  Now not those kind of pictures, worse!  Ones of me butchering chickens in no shoes, pretending I was dropping deuce at Theodore National Park on a freshly squeezed buffalo turd, and Ahhh then there is The Red Neck Bachelorette Party.  UFF DA!  You will also hear about Nolan, he is my son with the biggest heart, and the reason why parents drink in heavy amounts.  He is a great kid, but man is he busy.  Right when I think that I can not possibly take anymore of him, he melts me with a hug, and then I forget about why I was so mad at him.  That is until I go to the bathroom and remember my son and the "Flush" switch doesn't work.
I thank you all for your pm's, and texts, and what not about my last post.  I never intended to inspire people with writing about my horse shit terrible day dealing with Ryan's death.  I use to drown my troubles with cigarettes, and endless days of having a cold heart.  It has taken 4 years for the the issues that have been bothering me actually surface on the why's.  Now it's Diet Coke, Nicorette Gum, and my fingers doing the typing.  Thank you ~ Thank You ~ Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment